Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Fred Arters <fr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/04 16:07:05 UTC

Can't install 1.5.7 on mac osx after installing 2.0M1

Hello,

I've been using OpenDS for a while now and wanted to try something different, so I was going to give apacheds a change.  Looking at the website I saw there was a 2.0 milestone release and I downloaded and ran the installer for Mac OSX.

It seemed to install but then trying to figure out how to manage it I found that the links for the documentation on the 2.0 website are broken.   I tried to use the prior release (1.5.7) docs but they don't seem to match up (cant find server.xml in 2.0 for example).

I called it a failed attempt and tried to remove it and install 1.5.7.   I stopped the service, deleted the plist file, the apacheds file in /usr/bin and the directory under /usr/local

Then I downloaded and ran the 1.5.7 installer.   That reports that it cannot install because I have a newer version of the software installed on the drive.

Anyone know what else I need to remove to get 1.5.7 to install?

-Fred Arters

Re: Can't install 1.5.7 on mac osx after installing 2.0M1

Posted by Fred Arters <fr...@gmail.com>.
That worked!   Thank you!

-Fred Arters

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 4 août 2011, at 16:07, Fred Arters wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Fred,