Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/29 18:04:39 UTC

average PR merge time

Hi.
What is the average PR merge/rejection time?
I see some PRs that are over half a year old.

--
Łukasz Bownik

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Ok so I rebased https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4112 and it seems
to build fine - though harness has been skipped :/
It only contains tests so should be quick to review if someone has some
time.

--
Łukasz Bownik

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Oh.. So PR can become to old to merge?
Even with all tests passing?

--
Łukasz Bownik

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
Not at all..

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com>.
" The slowest response times are for issues where the submitter has gone
silent and the pull response might need a little bit of work."

Does it mean non-critical PRs get starved unless the submitter is annoying?

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 8:41 PM Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 at 19:16, Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Others need to be identified and coordinated for inclusion in a give
> release with release manager .
>
> That only applies to PRs targeting delivery or release** branches,
> which tend to be managed a little differently.  Also, release team,
> not single release manager.
>
> Neil

Łukasz Bownik

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: average PR merge time

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Looking through some of them many appear to be pending some build check failure resolution.

Others need reviewers/review.

Others need to be identified and coordinated for inclusion in a give release with release manager .

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.