Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Herbert Roitblat <he...@orcatec.com> on 2010/06/04 05:35:17 UTC

pylucene virtual machine

I am trying to use Ubuntu 10.05 (64 bit) to build a JEOS virtual machine, using vmbuilder.
I have a nice installation in a python virtual environment and I would like to transfer the virtual environment to the virtual machine.  What has me stuck is how to transfer the pylucene stuff.

vmbuilder will download packages, but I don't think that it has anything sophisticated enough to go through the build process needed to set up pylucene.

Is it as easy as tarring up my entire virtual environment and ftping it to the virtual machine (both running the same versions of python and os)?  Do I have to get the Java stuff separately?

Any thoughts or pointers would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Herb