Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2017/03/02 21:23:48 UTC

Re: [ApacheDS] Questions regarding possible BCrypt support for hashed passwords

On 02/27/2017 06:17 PM, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
> one obstacle showed up when attempting to use jBCrypt from within the
> API: The original implementation does not come as an OSGi bundle
> causing the OSGi integration tests to fail. There is a fork [1], which
> adds OSGi support, but has been compiled with Java 1.8 target level.
> :-/
>
> Would it be an option to "vendor" the class, i.e., copy it to the
> directory-shared repo?

That's then probably the easiest option. We can later try to move it to
commons-codec. Can you send a patch or pull request?

My other concern regarding ECCN is resolved, it doesn't apply to one-way
hash algorithms [1].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#faq-digest