Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 18:41:01 UTC

3rd Party Repository

Hello All,

I'm trying to understand how to create a 3rd party repository.  I'm
not looking to build a mirror of ibiblio, but instead have my own 3rd
party repository in addition to the repository.

Thanks
Marc

Re: 3rd Party Repository

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
If they are hostable, and if they are valid versions, then please consider
building a proper pom that lists the known dependencies and thier scopes
rather than using the default pom that seems very prevalently used.

It's always a good time to increase the order of things.

On 12/8/06, Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If they're "official" builds with proper version numbers and not
> > snapshots, I think they could certainly be hosted by the main repo.
> >

> Thats what I was hoping.  I'm currently validating that i wouldn't be
> breaking any licesnes.
>
> Thanks!
> Marc

I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.

Re: 3rd Party Repository

Posted by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3rd Party Repository

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If they're "official" builds with proper version numbers and not
snapshots, I think they could certainly be hosted by the main repo.

There are numerous blah-1.0-rc1.jar or -beta4.jar type projects in the
repo already.

Wayne

Re: 3rd Party Repository

Posted by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com>.