Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by AbelMacAdam <ab...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 10:28:10 UTC

Unable to commit images?

Hi,

The program I work on uses images in a help file. These images are stored in
a directory of the project directory. When I now commit my project I get an
error, comparable with:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Path '/foo/bar-dev/myproject/trunk/images/old' already exists

Did the commit fail (completely)? And what do I need to do to get the images
also committed?

Abel

Re: Unable to commit images?

Posted by Matt imMute Sickler <im...@msk4.ath.cx>.
AbelMacAdam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The program I work on uses images in a help file. These images are stored in
> a directory of the project directory. When I now commit my project I get an
> error, comparable with:
>
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
>     svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Path '/foo/bar-dev/myproject/trunk/images/old' already exists
>
> Did the commit fail (completely)? And what do I need to do to get the images
> also committed?
>
> Abel

Commits either succeed completely or fail completely.  Try `svn update`
before you commit.