Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Daniell, Casey B" <Ca...@reyrey.com> on 2006/05/22 15:53:07 UTC

Force copy?

Ok, I am scripting out a process that will tag (copy in SVN terms) a
repository as part of a build. Occasionally, the build will fail for one
reason or another and the copy needs to be done again (overwriting the
existing items.)

Is there a way to do this? I don't see a switch that will allow me to
tell copy to do this no matter what? Ideas?

--cbd
Casey Daniell
Configuration and Release Manager
Reynolds Web Solutions
www.reynoldswebsolutions.com
<blocked::http://www.reynoldswebsolutions.com/>

Confidentiality Statement:
This message is confidential and may contain confidential information it
is intended only for the individual[s] named herein. If this message is
being sent from a member of the legal department, it may also be legally
privileged.   If you are not the named addressee[s] you must delete this
email immediately do not disseminate, distribute or copy.

Re: Force copy?

Posted by Joerg Hessdoerfer <Jo...@sea-gmbh.com>.
Hi,

On Monday 22 May 2006 17:53, Daniell, Casey B wrote:
> Ok, I am scripting out a process that will tag (copy in SVN terms) a
> repository as part of a build. Occasionally, the build will fail for one
> reason or another and the copy needs to be done again (overwriting the
> existing items.)
>
> Is there a way to do this? I don't see a switch that will allow me to
> tell copy to do this no matter what? Ideas?

[...]
Well, um, yes. First 'svn rm' and then 'svn cp'. If you do this within a WC,
you should be able to do it in one transaction. Else, it will take two
transactions and the tag will be temporarily vanished...

It's ugly, but it works.

Greetings,
	Jörg
--
Leiter Softwareentwicklung - S.E.A GmbH
Mail: joerg.hessdoerfer@sea-gmbh.com

Re: Force copy?

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Are you creating a branch as part of the build procecure? Simply build a new branch or tag.

You could alternatively do an "svn revert branch@revision number; svn revert", right?