Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by chengxin Cai <ia...@outlook.com> on 2015/12/04 13:25:30 UTC

Cannot send message to Kafka broker

Hi,

I just try Kafka the first time.
I am using hortonworks 2.3, and my setting of Kafka broker is "listeners =PLANTEXT://localhost:9092"
I tried with "kafka-console-producer.sh --topic test --broker-lists localhost:9092", and I got lots of errors.

Also, I try "netstat -a|grep 9092", cannot get anything, but Ambari said Kafka is good.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Best Regards
Chengxin Cai