Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shalu Goel <sh...@mind-infotech.com> on 2002/10/31 08:37:21 UTC

how to replace any taglib class with the chaged source code in struts??

Hello!!!
struts is open source code MVC framework right???
meand we can make changes in the taglib classes as and when required suiting
our application specific requirement.....i have thus made a small change in
FormTag class lying under html taglib....
But now my confusion is how do i go about replacing the changed file??? coz.
i just have struts.jar in my lib directory and *.tld (six of them)in my
classes folder...where and how to chage the code provided by struts
framework???

Re: jstl & jsp: working progress

Posted by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it>.
Shawn Bayern wrote:
> Once again, I'll strongly recommend that you use JSTL to access the Result
> object; it wasn't designed for easy access in Java.  What are you
> expecting to get from scriptlets in this case?

The goal is convert a recordSet in a String. Flash MX load the jsp
output and convert in a Flash MX recordSet.

I must use jsp because I can control "\n" output. Now the output is more
compress ^_^

I have understand some things about JAVA world thanks to all.
This is my last script with JSTL and JSP integration.

<%@ page import="javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.Result" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/sql.tld" prefix="sql" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld" prefix="c" %>
<%@ include file="/global/connection.jsp" %>
<!-- After I use ? and getParam ^_^ -->
<c:set var="language_set" value="it" />
<sql:query var="elenco" >
SELECT 	ID_news,data,
		titolo_<c:out value="${language_set}" /> as titolo,
		abstract_<c:out value="${language_set}" /> as abstract,
		testo_<c:out value="${language_set}" /> as testo,
		data
FROM tb_news
</sql:query>

<%
// elenco is a JSTL recordSet
// RecordSet Compresion for Flash MX
// costanti per i terminatori

String tRow = "##";
String tColum = "#";
String initData = "####";

Result rs = (Result)pageContext.findAttribute("elenco");
int max = rs.getRowCount();
String[] columnNames = rs.getColumnNames();
// Start print Column
String rsString = "response=";

for (int c = 0; c < columnNames.length;c++){
	rsString += columnNames[c] + tColum;
}
// Column end
rsString += initData;
// Start print recordSet Data
for (int row = 0; row < max; row++ ){
	for (int column = 0; column < columnNames.length; column++){
		rsString += rs.getRows()[row].get(columnNames[column])+ tColum; //-->
Error: "No field name"
	}
	rsString += tRow;
}
rsString += "&";
out.print(rsString);
%>

Best Regards Lorenzo Sicilia

--
"Il fatto che un'opinione sia condivisa ampiamente non prova che non sia
completamente assurda"

Re: sql, choose and scope

Posted by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it>.
flare wrote:
> perhaps you should use "and" instead of "or" :)
>
> <c:when test="${empty param.fSessionId && empty param.sqlRequest }" >

Actualy is just a test! After I make a true autentification system.
Anyway thanks.

Best Regards

Lorenzo Sicilia

Re: sql, choose and scope

Posted by flare <fl...@flare.it>.
> <c:choose>
> <c:when test="${empty param.fSessionId || empty param.sqlRequest }" >
>   <c:out value="LOGIN KO" />
> </c:when>

> sqlRequest was correct 	but the first WHEN was always True.

perhaps you should use "and" instead of "or" :)

<c:when test="${empty param.fSessionId && empty param.sqlRequest }" >

 ciao

Re: sql, choose and scope

Posted by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it>.
Pierre Delisle wrote:
> I suspect the body of the when clause is not executed
> because its condition evaluates to false.
>
> You should print the value of param.sqlRequest prior
> to the <c:choose> to make sure it has the value "1".
>
>     -- Pierre

Perfect now all work fine!Before I don't had understand choose tag.

True Script:
<c:choose>
<c:when test="${empty param.fSessionId || empty param.sqlRequest }" >
		<c:out value="LOGIN KO" />
</c:when>
<c:when test="${param.sqlRequest == 1}" >
		<c:out value="Entro!" />
		<sql:query var="flashRecordSet" >
		SELECT 	ID_news,data,
			titolo_it as titolo,
			abstract_it as abstract,
			testo_it as testo
		FROM tb_news
		</sql:query>
</c:when>
</c:choose>
sqlRequest was correct 	but the first WHEN was always True.
Now I have understand is quite equal to Switch ;o)

Best Regards Lorenzo Sicilia

Re: sql, choose and scope

Posted by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com>.

sql, choose and scope

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Lorenzo Sicilia wrote:

> // Why the fRow var is not read by the SortedMap objcet? Cast?

Java doesn't work like that.  You can't write sortedMap[foo] in Java.  You
have to write sortedMap.get("foo").

jstl & jsp: working progress

Posted by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it>.
thanks to all list for the aid during these days.
the quite new question

<%
//elenco is a JSTL recordSet
Result rs = (Result)pageContext.findAttribute("elenco");
int max = rs.getRowCount();

for (int fRow = 0; fRow<= max; fRow++ ){
//	out.print(rs.getRowsByIndex()[row][2]+"#");
//	out.println(fRow);  --> Output: 0,1,2,3....
//	out.print(rs.getRows()[0].data); --> Error: "No field name"
	out.print(rs.getRowsByIndex()[0][0]); // output--> 1,1,1,1,...
//
// 	My Problem:
//	out.print(rs.getRowsByIndex()[fRow][0]); // Error: "<head><title>JRun
Servlet Error</title></head><h1>500 7</h1><body>7</body>

}

%>
//	Why the fRow var is not read by the SortedMap objcet? Cast?

thanks

Lorenzo Sicilia