Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/19 17:33:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 4.0-beta-7

The latest beta release of Tapestry 4.0 is now available. Tapestry is
a component based web application framework that provides lots of
functionality with minimal Java coding, and creates an environment
that supports high levels of reuse. This is another a bug fix release,
building on the beta-6 release. This release continues to fill in
missing component documentation, and improved error reporting in a
number of areas. Further, component types may now include slashes (to
allow organizing them into folders, in the same way that pages can be
organized). Class names of managed beans may now be abbreviated, much
like the way page and component class names may be abbreviated. A full
listing of bug fixes is available in the change log.

Tapestry is distributed as a combined binary/source distribution, and
a seperate documentation distribution.

Download Tapestry from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_tapestry.cgi

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 4.0-beta-7

Posted by Martin Strand <ma...@entcap.biz>.
Hmm, beta-7 seems to have broken my app. I get this message when posting
my login form:

>Unable to locate asset 'pages/MessageList.page' relative to context:/.
>#
> org.apache.tapestry.asset.ContextAssetFactory.createAsset(ContextAssetFactory.java:71)
> # $AssetFactory_1067348fbf3.createAsset($AssetFactory_1067348fbf3.java)
> # $AssetFactory_1067348fbf2.createAsset($AssetFactory_1067348fbf2.java)
> # $AssetFactory_1067348fbf8.createAsset($AssetFactory_1067348fbf8.java)
> # $AssetFactory_1067348fb2b.createAsset($AssetFactory_1067348fb2b.java)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.asset.AssetSourceImpl.findAsset(AssetSourceImpl.java:64)
> # $AssetSource_1067348fbb8.findAsset($AssetSource_1067348fbb8.java)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.NamespaceResourcesImpl.findSpecificationResource(NamespaceResourcesImpl.java:61)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.NamespaceResourcesImpl.getPageSpecification(NamespaceResourcesImpl.java:71)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.Namespace.locatePageSpecification(Namespace.java:264)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.Namespace.getPageSpecification(Namespace.java:172)
> #
> org.apache.tapestry.resolver.PageSpecificationResolverImpl.resolve(PageSpecificationResolverImpl.java:128)
> <trace snipped>

Maybe it's related to how I don't keep pages in the context root:

> <!-- Pages -->
> <page name="Home" specification-path="pages/Login.page"/>
> <page name="Login" specification-path="pages/Login.page"/>
> <page name="MessageList" specification-path="pages/MessageList.page"/>
> <page name="ReadMessage" specification-path="pages/ReadMessage.page"/>
> <!-- Components -->
> <component-type type="Border"
> specification-path="components/Border.jwc"/>
> <component-type type="LeftPane"
> specification-path="components/LeftPane.jwc"/>
> <component-type type="FolderLink"
> specification-path="components/FolderLink.jwc"/>
> <component-type type="MessageLink"
> specification-path="components/MessageLink.jwc"/>
> <component-type type="FolderList"
> specification-path="components/FolderList.jwc"/>

Basically, all I want to do is put all pages in /pages/ and all compnents
in /components/, perhaps there's a better solution to this?

Thanks,
Martin