Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2006/06/16 23:54:12 UTC

Dropping support for RedHat 7.3 unless someone else picks it up

To whom it may concern,
   I've recently finished upgrading all my servers to RedHat Enterprise
Linux 4 and put RHEL3 into "maintenance mode" where I have it running as a
VMWARE guest and will continue to support the Subversion RPMs on RHEL3 for
probably quite some time.  To do this I've had to drop support for RedHat
7.3 to free up disk space on my VMWARE server for RHEL3.

Therefore, unless someone else picks up where I left off, Subversion 1.3.2
is the last release for RedHat 7.3 using my RPMs.

I've just noticed that 1.4.X no longer compiles because of an APR
requirement upgrade to APR >= 0.9.7 (I'm working on fixing that right now
on RH8, 9, RHEL3, and RHEL4) (I've verified that APR 0.9.12 is a binary
drop-in replacement for APR 0.9.4 that comes with RHEL3 and RHEL4 so I'll
be making that available ASAP and fixing the RPMS to compile with it).

If anyone would like to pick up where I left off on RedHat 7.3, please
feel free.  I'll be glad to help you get a compile environment set up to
build it and then help you along modifying it to compile Subversion 1.4.X
and later (trunk).

Interesting Side Note: It looks like the Fedora Legacy Project is still
maintaining RedHat 7.3 security and critical updates at
http://fedoralegacy.org URL.

--
David Wayne Summers        "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: Dropping support for RedHat 7.3 unless someone else picks it up

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
Thanks,
    But this is on a company machine so I can't do that.

    But I appreciate the sentiment.

    - David Summers

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
Thanks,