Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajasekhar Atteri <Ra...@Mentisys.com> on 2002/09/12 23:25:35 UTC

Help with iterating over a Map

I have an ActionForm that contains a bean called domainDef. domainDef
contains a Map of domainObjectDefs.
How do I iterate over the map and print the properties of each
domainObjectDef?
I tried the following but got a ClassCastException:

<logic:iterate name="domainDefForm"
               property="domainDef.domainObjectDefs"
               id="obj"
               type="com.mentisys.eexplorer.vds.modeldef.DomainObjectDef" >

logic
</logic:iterate>

I was finally able to iterate like this:

<nested:present property="domainDef">
<nested:nest property="domainDef">

        <nested:iterate id="mapEntry" name="domainDef"
property="domainObjectDefs"
                    type="java.util.Map.Entry">
                    nested

        </nested:iterate>

</nested:nest>
</nested:present>

But I am still not able to copy each entry to a Bean to retrieve its
properties.
Thanks in advance.