Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org> on 2005/09/23 00:02:57 UTC

Re: [m2] commons-lang and commons-codec includes junit for scope compile

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 23:33 +0200, Orjan Austvold wrote:
> This is probably not the right list to post this message to, but...
>
> Both commons-lang (2.1) and commons-codec (1.3) include junit for scope
> compile.
>
> Beside the "broader scope" warning for maven this breaks one of my
> plugins which collects dependencies for runtime.
>
> I know that adding an exclusion to the dependency will fix this for me,
> but I find that annoying :-)
>
> Could the poms for those artifacts be replaced at ibiblio?

Please search for the issue in JIRA[1] and if it's not there please
create a new issue.

[1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV

--
Trygve

Re: [m2] commons-lang and commons-codec includes junit for scope compile

Posted by Orjan Austvold <au...@colibria.com>.
Ok, I found lots of issues like this one on JIRA.

Sorry for not searching Maven JIRA before posting here.

--
Ørjan

Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 23:33 +0200, Orjan Austvold wrote:
>
>>This is probably not the right list to post this message to, but...
>>
>>Both commons-lang (2.1) and commons-codec (1.3) include junit for scope
>>compile.
>>
>>Beside the "broader scope" warning for maven this breaks one of my
>>plugins which collects dependencies for runtime.
>>
>>I know that adding an exclusion to the dependency will fix this for me,
>>but I find that annoying :-)
>>
>>Could the poms for those artifacts be replaced at ibiblio?
>

> Please search for the issue in JIRA[1] and if it's not there please
> create a new issue.
>
> [1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV
>
> --
> Trygve

Ørjan Austvold - Senior Software Architect
www.colibria.com - putting the presence into messaging