Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/06/27 16:51:49 UTC

Blank list messages (was RE: moderators?)

Ross, as I have mentioned to you off-list, I receive blank emails from you and a few others on certain @apache lists.

I think this is a discrepancy in how HTML-formatted emails manage to get from one client to another and I suspect that it probably relates to protocol discrepancies involving smartphone and tablet email clients.  It could also be attributable to intermediaries, such as the list server, or an affinity-email forwarder.  Also, the archives usually have the actual text of what arrive to my desktop as blank messages.

In your case and that of a few others, I usually simply wait to see if anyone replies on the list, because the message is usually quoted properly, so the blank message I get is not seen as blank by everyone.

This means that we also have the problem of "works for me!"

Welcome to the club [;<).

 - Dennis