Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Pablo Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar> on 2004/05/24 17:11:41 UTC

Registry

Howard,

We're trying to bind a Registry on JNDI but as it's not Serializable we
can't...

Any chances of make Registry extend Serializable?

Is this possible?
Or there's any reason for it to not be?

Cheers,
Pablo

RE: Registry

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Binding it into JNDI seems to go counter to the expressly single JVM nature of HiveMind. For sharing
within an EAR, it works fine as a servlet context attribute.  Sharing between servers in a cluster
is the wrong approach ... instead, each server should have its own parallel Registry instance.

What with all the dynamic class creation and so forth, the Registry and the services, proxies,
interceptors and so forth are bad candidate for serialization. It takes only a fraction of a second
to construct the Registry.  If you need to communicate between servers, use JMS.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry