Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Eryq <er...@zeegee.com> on 2001/08/24 00:35:51 UTC

Request: binary mod_webapp.so for Solaris built with -DEAPI

I was using the mod_webapp.so connector for Solaris
which I downloaded from apache.org
All was going well until I rebuilt my Apache (1.3.20)
with SSL support.  Now I get:

	[warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API,
	this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

Well, I didn't compile it, so I can't recompile it.
I expect that a number of other users will be in the same boat.

Is there any compelling reason not to build with -DEAPI?
What will really happen if this mod_webapp.so is used?

--

Eryq

Re: Request: binary mod_webapp.so for Solaris built with -DEAPI

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Eryq" <er...@zeegee.com> wrote:

> I was using the mod_webapp.so connector for Solaris
> which I downloaded from apache.org
> All was going well until I rebuilt my Apache (1.3.20)
> with SSL support.  Now I get:
>
> [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API,
> this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
>
> Well, I didn't compile it, so I can't recompile it.
> I expect that a number of other users will be in the same boat.
>
> Is there any compelling reason not to build with -DEAPI?
> What will really happen if this mod_webapp.so is used?

It will happen that the NON-EAPI server will complain because of unresolved
dependancies... :(

    Pier