Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2007/10/23 15:08:03 UTC

[Trinidad] selectionListener on tr:table invoked after all action methods

Hi, I used to deal with actionListener/action pairs since long time.
Usually the former sets up some transient index to be used by the latter.
Now I needed to use the attribute selectionListener on tr:table, for the
purpose of getting notified when current selection changes and to react
accordingly. A typical action would then be related to current
selection, e.i. by means of a few buttons (show, delete, etc.).
It was fairly surprising to notice that such action methods are invoked
*before* of the actionListener method, thus vanishing the intended purpose.
Typically, an action method changes internal status so that a following
event method would find an inconsistent situation.
I always thought that event notification occurs before all actions are
invoked.
Is there anything else I miss about this topic ? Any suggestion ?
Thanks,

-- Renzo