Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ragunath Marudhachalam <rm...@circuitvision.com> on 2002/10/21 15:47:06 UTC

Help in schema validation. -- Getting element hierrachy..

Hello All,

I am validating a xml document with schema.  I am able to trap the errors
using the DefaultHandler class. When handling the errors, i can get the
element name and the line number where the validation failed. But i want to
get the element's whole hierrachy. But i couldn't find anything about that.
Your help  in getting the whole hierrachy of the error element is highly
appreciated. It would be much helpful if someone can provide sample code or
some idea as how to get that done.

Thanks

Ragu
CircuitVision

RE: Help in schema validation. -- Getting element hierrachy..

Posted by Rich Robinson <ri...@boxuk.com>.
Hi

I posted a similar question last week and it seems that there is no way
of obtaining any information other than what you already have.  This is
a real shame as it would be extremely useful to get the full path from
the root node to the node in question.

Best regards,

Rich.