Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Ford, Mark" <ma...@ll.mit.edu> on 2009/02/12 22:59:31 UTC

Failed to start database

I'm trying to get ODE 2.0 running on servicemix 3.3 and I keep getting the error Failed to start database. I've tried building from the source as well as downloading the last stable build. I have no problems with ODE 1.2. I'm using the embedded db and haven't changed any settings within ODE.

The exceptions are the same from a clean source build or snapshot deployment. Exceptions are below:

javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: Unable to obtain physical connection to jdbc:derby:/Developer/Applications/apache-servicemix-3.3/data/smx/components/OdeBpelEngine/version_1/jpadb

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database '/Developer/Applications/apache-servicemix-3.3/data/smx/components/OdeBpelEngine/version_1/jpadb', see the next exception for details.

WARN  - JdbcDelegate                   - Unable to determine database dialect

The line "see the next exception for details" doesn't lead to anything interesting. Any ideas?

--
Mark Ford
MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Re: Failed to start database

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
Please copy derby-10.4.1.3.jar to servicemix-dir/lib and remove older one.
Alternatively you can add DERBY deps in Buildfile (jbi package
section) and do rebuild. I think it should be added, just like in
axis-war distribution.

Regards,

--
RafaƂ Rusin