Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/10/11 08:40:34 UTC

Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Hi,

I think we're ready to work on releasing 3.0-beta-2. There were a lot
of Dain's changes in Tomcat integration area as well as xbean 3.2
(less snapshots in a release) and it's worth to get its presence as a
release, isn't it? Tomorrow?

Jacek

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Before another beta is released it would be great if somebody could
>> integrate the 1 line change in OPENEJB-704
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-704
>
> Working on it, but can't check it in yet as I'm unable to build openejb.

Did you make progress on your build issue?  Openejb has been building
fine for me.

It would be great is this patch could get integrated so that we can
avoid some tck failures dealing with MEJB.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 26, 2007, at 6:32 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:

>>> Eh, either Joe or Jarek - they seem to keep us in a very good shape
>>> ;-) Thanks Jarek.
>> I've applied these patches.
>> Should I build a release candidate? I'm not a PMC member. So,
>> perhaps a PMC member would prefer to act as release manager...
>> Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be interested in a 3.0
>> road map. What's left for a 3.0 release? Do we need a beta-2 or can
>> we start thinking in terms of "3.0"?
>
> I'd be happy with a 3.0 rather than a beta.

I'm beginning to wonder if that might be better.  If it was to be 3.0
it'd probably push the release date out another two weeks.  We have
some "known issues" that should be cleared up before a final.

-David

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Nov 26, 2007 3:32 PM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'd be happy with a 3.0 rather than a beta.  I think these patches from
> Jarek fix the most recent TCK issues I had identified.  I'll get another
> TCK run going with the latest changes to see how things stand.

Perhaps by the time you'll have finished the TCK all other issues get
resolved ;-) Awaiting the tck results.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Nov 25, 2007 6:12 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've applied these patches.

Doh, I thought I'd applied them.

> Should I build a release candidate? I'm not a PMC member. So, perhaps
> a PMC member would prefer to act as release manager...

I'm fine with this candidate ;-)

+1

> Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be interested in a 3.0 road
> map. What's left for a 3.0 release? Do we need a beta-2 or can we
> start thinking in terms of "3.0"?

Let's cut the beta-2 the upcoming week and call a vote for ga one week
after. More examples is what seems to be the most appealing addition
to openejb 3.0. If we could add even just a few, that'd be great.
There're three issues assigned to 3.0-beta-2 so they appear to me as
important for 3.0 release (among other things).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 19, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2007 4:40 PM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Now we have two more critical issues that need to be patched:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-718 and
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-719. Both cause TCK
>> failures.
>
> Eh, either Joe or Jarek - they seem to keep us in a very good shape
> ;-) Thanks Jarek.

I've applied these patches.

Should I build a release candidate? I'm not a PMC member. So, perhaps
a PMC member would prefer to act as release manager...

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be interested in a 3.0 road
map. What's left for a 3.0 release? Do we need a beta-2 or can we
start thinking in terms of "3.0"?

--kevan

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 19, 2007 3:31 AM, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2007 3:35 PM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think we're ready to work on releasing 3.0-beta-2. There were a lot
> > > of Dain's changes in Tomcat integration area as well as xbean 3.2
> > > (less snapshots in a release) and it's worth to get its presence as a
> > > release, isn't it? Tomorrow?
> >
> > Before another beta is released it would be great if somebody could
> > integrate the 1 line change in OPENEJB-704
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-704
>
> With the issue resolved what else is holding us from releasing
> 3.0-beta-2. I think it's time to make it happen. WDYT?

Now we have two more critical issues that need to be patched:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-718 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-719. Both cause TCK
failures.

Jarek

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: Time for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we're ready to work on releasing 3.0-beta-2. There were a lot
> of Dain's changes in Tomcat integration area as well as xbean 3.2
> (less snapshots in a release) and it's worth to get its presence as a
> release, isn't it? Tomorrow?

Before another beta is released it would be great if somebody could
integrate the 1 line change in OPENEJB-704

Joe Bohn