Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Thierry Lam <la...@pcigeomatics.com> on 2005/04/22 21:27:49 UTC

Segmentation fault on Linux

Has anyone tried running the current CVS HEAD of log4cxx on Linux? I'm
getting segmentation fault and it seems to be coming from the config
file at line 2 below when I try to use the appender.  My program runs
fine with no logging.

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout

I'm currently using the following version of Linux:

Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
Kernel 2.4.20-6 on an i686

Thierry

Re: Segmentation fault on Linux

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com>.
Several times a day, Gump builds log4cxx on a Debian Linux and runs a
suite of unit tests.  On one of those runs, it will send an email
message to the list if the build failed for any reason.  There was an
example of this last night when the recent changes cause the compile to
fail when log4cxx was build using UTF-8 for logchar instead of wchar_t
(the normal build using wchar_t as logchar worked fine).

Obviously the changes needed to add encoding support for Win32 without
using apr-iconv could have introduced problems.  However, since it
passed the unit tests and ran the examples successfully, the problem
may only occur under particular conditions and more details on the
failure would be needed to analyze the problem.