Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2006/09/06 12:05:32 UTC

Error in Jmeter log file when running against Weblogic 8.1

Hi ,
         I am running a particular Jmeter script  first against
Tomcat5.0.19 and second against Weblogic 8.1. The script has been written
to simulate 30 users with ramp up period of 10 seconds and loopcount=1.  I
don't get any error in Jmeter.log file when  I run the script against
Tomcat server. But i start getting "ERROR -
jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: java.io.IOException" when i run
the same against  WebLogic8.1. What might be the problem ?Do I have to do
something different for WebLogic?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: Error in Jmeter log file when running against Weblogic 8.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/09/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Well Dont know what caused the problem but the problem was solved when I
> checked "clear cookies on each iteration" checkbox in the Cookie Manager
> element which is at the top level of the testplan. What does the following

Could be related to logging and out.

>  error in Jmeter.log file suggest :> 2006/09/06 19:02:43 ERROR -
> jmeter.functions.JavaScript: Error processing
> > Javascript SyntaxError: syntax error (<cmd>; line 1)...Any idea s ?

There must be a JavaScript function used somewhere in the test plan,
and it has a syntax error.

> [...]
> >         at
> > org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(
> > HTTPSampler.java:157)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(
> > HTTPSampler.java:422)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
> > HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
> > HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >
> > The Application server doesnt crash when the above error occurs.But i
> > start getting red-marked samplers in View Results tree Listener. However
> > when I checked the "Clear Cookies on each Iteration" checkbox  that
> error
> > disappeared. What was the error and why did it go away ?Do you think it
> > has any corelation with the previously mentioned
> > jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: java.io.IOException error?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Subhrajyoti
> > Mobile: +919830079545
> > Mail: choudhury@labware.com
> > Web: www.labware.com
> >
> > LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count
> >

> > sebb <se...@gmail.com>
> > 09/06/2006 05:28 PM
> > Please respond to
> > "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

> > "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: Error in Jmeter log file when running against Weblogic 8.1
> >

> > The IOException suggests that the web-logic server is having some
> > problem and is disconnecting JMeter. Try running with one thread, and
> > see if that works OK.
> >
> > Check the web-logic server logs
> >
> > On 06/09/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> > > Hi ,
> > >         I am running a particular Jmeter script  first against
> > > Tomcat5.0.19 and second against Weblogic 8.1. The script has been
> > written
> > > to simulate 30 users with ramp up period of 10 seconds and
> loopcount=1.
> > > don't get any error in Jmeter.log file when  I run the script against
> > > Tomcat server. But i start getting "ERROR -
> > > jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: java.io.IOException" when i
> > run
> > > the same against  WebLogic8.1. What might be the problem ?Do I have to
> > do
> > > something different for WebLogic?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Subhrajyoti
> > > Mobile: +919830079545
> > > Mail: choudhury@labware.com
> > > Web: www.labware.com
> > >
> > > LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

RE: Error in Jmeter log file when running against Weblogic 8.1

Posted by Ga...@mail.ing.nl.
For testing regex I'd really recommend http://rexv.org/ - it is a great
online regex evaluation engine with support for different regex systems
and modifiers.
Cheers!
Gantcho

Posted by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com>.

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAheadBlocking(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAhead(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:235)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:449)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)
[...]

org.apache.jmeter.engine.util.CompoundVariable.execute(CompoundVariable.java:93)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.FunctionProperty.getStringValue(FunctionProperty.java:85)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.testelement.AbstractTestElement.getPropertyAsString(AbstractTestElement.java:195)
        at org.apache.jmeter.config.Argument.getValue(Argument.java:121)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.util.HTTPArgument.getEncodedValue(HTTPArgument.java:142)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.getQueryString(HTTPSamplerBase.java:430)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:157)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:422)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.