Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Weiner <re...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/02 15:02:38 UTC

Killing endless loop servlet - howto ? killing JVM or unload class ?

Hi all,
I'm rolling out a successful Tomcat instalation in a shared environment ( it's a great software ! ). But I have a concern.
I created a servlet that loops forever ( a very stupid one, by the way ). When I executed it, it allocates a Tomcat thread and it just runs forever. If I try to kill it after it consumed, let's say, 30 seconds of processing, it ended up killing the whole JVM.
First, I don't know if it's killing a thread is the right approach. Should I do that, without shutdown Tomcat ? Is there a way to set a 'time-out' for a Servlet ? What I can doin this situation ? Is there an Interceptor that can unload this class somehow ?
Thanks in advance
Renato - Brazil
P.S. I'm running Linux, kernel 2.4.3, Tomcat 3.2.2

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/