Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Michael <jm...@chesterfield.mo.us> on 2001/06/12 00:30:34 UTC

WebAccess (Novell) on Tomcat.

Does *anyone* in the known universe know how to get Novell's GroupWise webaccess servlets running on Tomcat? I saw it done at the Brainshare conference in March, but cannot find anyone who knows the exact arcane edits to make it happen.

So far, I have Tomcat running stand-alone perfectly fine on Netware. I can get the webaccess servlets to load (they auto-run when Tomcat starts) without errors, but when I try to access the servlet I get this error:

Error: 500
Location: /servlet/webacc
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/webaccess/common/I18NMultipartParser
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

"I18MultipartParser" is a classfile within njweb.jar, which IS in the classpath. I have no idea why the servlet seems to think it can't find com/novell/webaccess/common/I18NMultipartParser

ANY ideas?

Jim

Re: WebAccess (Novell) on Tomcat.

Posted by Jon Barber <jo...@acm.org>.
Not that I don't believe you, but double check your classpath by creating a
simple servlet in the same web application that does:

log("Classpath is " + System.getProperty("java.class.path"))