Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Joost Heer, de" <j....@atriummc.nl> on 2010/06/02 12:07:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Betr.: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy for Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server

>>> Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> 2-6-2010 2:11 >>>
>Maybe this will work:

><Virtualhost>
>      Servername citrix.example.com
>       ProxyRequests Off
>       AllowCONNECT 443
>       ProxyPass / backendserver
>       ProxyPassReverse / backendserver
></Virtualhost>

AllowCONNECT is for forward proxies. You need SSLProxyEngine on, and then ProxyPass / https://backend/ (the ProxyPassReverse line is probably unnecessary because it's not https-traffic, but it won't kill you to add it anyway).

Joost

RE: [users@httpd] Betr.: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy for Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server

Posted by Ruiyuan Jiang <Ru...@liz.com>.
Hi, I tested and I got "ssl error code 47" error. It seems to me that Apache wants to terminate any port 443 traffic.
The Citrix presentation server does not allow termination of the traffic at port 443. Otherwise Citrix will have an error.
Is there a way to let Apache proxy server passing port 443 traffic without doing anything like a firewall does?

Thanks.

Ryan

AllowCONNECT is for forward proxies. You need SSLProxyEngine on, and then ProxyPass / https://backend/ (the ProxyPassReverse line is probably unnecessary because it's not https-traffic, but it won't kill you to add it anyway).

Joost

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

RE: [users@httpd] Betr.: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy for Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server

Posted by Ruiyuan Jiang <Ru...@liz.com>.
So I should treat tcp tunneling through https port to backend server the way same as regular https backend server, Joost? I do have SSLProxyEngine on statement. Thanks.

Ruiyuan