Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Nicolas Dufour <ni...@neometsys.fr> on 2005/10/03 00:50:54 UTC

Argg stored procedures !

Hi

Still working on my porting an SQL Server database to a derby one, I
have some questions for you.
Before, thanks to Army for the function creation.

I have read the IBM forum about derby stored procedure and I have
created one which works prefectly in ij but i cant call the procedure
from an ODBC link !? I just put :
  CALL ALTTIME2(1)

And the link said : wrong syntax !
Like it doesnt understand everuthing including the word 'CALL' !

Ok .. thanks odbc .. it helps a lot... if you have any idea about this one.

Another question about stored procedure :
I want to create a stored procedure which the goal will be to do a
select with a 'where in ' and a list of integer. This list of integer
should be the parameter of my stored procedure, but how can i do that ?
or perhaps its not the right way to do it ?

Thank you a lot

Nicolas

Re: Argg stored procedures !

Posted by Army <qo...@sbcglobal.net>.
Nicolas Dufour wrote:
> I have read the IBM forum about derby stored procedure and I have
> created one which works prefectly in ij but i cant call the procedure
> from an ODBC link !? I just put :
>  CALL ALTTIME2(1)
>
> And the link said : wrong syntax !
> Like it doesnt understand everuthing including the word 'CALL' !

What's the specific error that you're getting--can you include that in your
email?  Also, what version of the ODBC driver are you using?

I created a stored procedure in ij and then made the same call you mentioned
above ("CALL ALTTIME2(1)") from an ODBC program and it seems to have worked for me.

I also tried a different syntax:

{ CALL ALTTIME2 (1) }

And that worked, as well.  I'm not sure what I'm doing differently from you, but
if you're able to tell us 1) the exact line you use to make the ODBC call, 2)
the exact error message that you're seeing, and 3) what version of the driver
you're using, hopefully we can figure out where the problem is...

Thanks,
Army