Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Perez <ar...@ethicist.net> on 2006/08/13 19:27:55 UTC

Load failures

Lately I've been getting this error a lot.  Nothing has changed on my
end.  Any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

The environment is Linux, Tomcat 5.0 and mysql.   Cayenne is configured
to use a jdbc datasource.  It had been working error free for the last 2
months.

Caused by: org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.1.2 July
16 2006] Load failures. Main configuration class:
org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration, details:
        domain.node.name=IWSDomainNode,
domain.node.datasource=jdbc/outlook, reason: DataSource load failed -
Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

-arturo

Re: Load failures

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/06, Perez <ar...@ethicist.net> wrote:
> Lately I've been getting this error a lot.  Nothing has changed on my
> end.  Any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?
>
> The environment is Linux, Tomcat 5.0 and mysql.   Cayenne is configured
> to use a jdbc datasource.  It had been working error free for the last 2
> months.
>
> Caused by: org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.1.2 July
> 16 2006] Load failures. Main configuration class:
> org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration, details:
>         domain.node.name=IWSDomainNode,
> domain.node.datasource=jdbc/outlook, reason: DataSource load failed -
> Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

If your code hasn't changed, then the problem is likely to be that the
tomcat configuration changed, and there's no longer a jdbc/outlook
JNDI datasouce available.

Re: Load failures

Posted by Perez <ar...@ethicist.net>.
In article <4A...@objectstyle.org>,
 Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> > Cayenne is configured to use a jdbc datasource.
>
> from the error my guess is that you are using JNDIDataSourceFactory.
> If you want to continue using JNDI, you'll need to configure a
> DataSource in Tomcat. If not, you should change the factory to
> "DriverDataSource". See this page for more details:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/using-jndi.html
>
> Andrus

All of that has been in place for two months.  That is:

I tested  with a direct connection to MySQL in April.
I was happy so I changed that to the Tomcat's JNDI source in May.
I tested again.
Everything was deployed in June with no errors.

Now, I'm getting these errors.  Can something have changed in the
ClassPath etc to cause the load order to differ?

-arturo

Re: Load failures

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.