Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Turpin Jeff <je...@us.axway.com> on 2011/07/22 20:41:27 UTC

Build issue on Mac OS X - Snow Leopard...

Hello everyone,

MESOS-23 still appears to be an issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-23
The issue has been closed and marked as fixed but I am still unable to build, still getting the same error as specified in MESOS-23.... I am building this for the first time and am still somewhat unfamiliar with the project, so it is possible I am doing something wrong.... Not sure if this is a Swig issue, but I have version 2.0.4 installed.. Please let me know if I am being dense and have missed something obvious, as I am eager to get Mesos running... Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers!

Jeff

Re: Build issue on Mac OS X - Snow Leopard...

Posted by Turpin Jeff <je...@us.axway.com>.
Hey Ben,

Sorry for sending this twice, I realized I didn't copy the mesos-dev list on
my previous response.... I am running OS X... I pulled down a fresh clone,
created a build directory, ran configure.template.macosx and make from the
build directory, and it still failed with the same error... The only place I
differ from your instructions on the Wiki is that I have installed Swig from
the official distribution and did not use macports, as I have brew installed
on my system and it can conflict with macports... Thanks for your help...
Cheers!

Jeff

webui/slave/swig/slave_wrap.cpp:5058: error: OSWIGPY_SLICE_ARGĀ¹ was not
declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [webui/slave/swig/slave_wrap.o] Error 1

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Hi Jeff,