Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2005/07/11 22:07:00 UTC

Cactus for webservice testing?

Hey all,
Searching through the mail archives I've seen no mention of
this, so posting the question:

Since webservices generally can not be tested until after the
application has been deployed, would testing of those
webservices fall under 'integration' testing and the Cactus framework?

Looking for some input/best practice for automated-testing of
webservices, Thanks!
-D

RE: Cactus for webservice testing?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Darren,

I think you should use a functional testing tool for testing web services.
Now if you want to perform integratiob unit test of servlets, JSPs, taglibs,
etc then Cactus is for you.

-Vincent