Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2019/08/24 16:34:46 UTC

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase & JDK 14 build 11 is available.

Hi Stefan/Jaikiran,

*JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase
*

Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in the Release Candidate phase.
The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk13, is open for P1 bug fixes per
the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].

For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

  * Milestone Schedule:
      o GAC - Aug 22, 2019
      o GAR - Sept 5, 2019
      o GA - Sept 17, 2019

**OpenJDK 14 *EA build 11 is now available at **http://jdk.java.net/14**
*

  * These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release Notes
      o http://jdk.java.net/14/release-notes
  * JEPs targeted to JDK 14
      o JEP 352 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/352> - Non-Volatile Mapped
        Byte Buffers
  * Significant changes since the last availability email:
      o Build 10
          + 8226374: Restrict TLS signature schemes and named groups
          + 8227439: Turn off AOT by default
      o Build 11
          + 8224974: Implement JEP 352
  * Changes in this build
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/log?rev=reverse%28%22jdk-14%2B10%22%3A%3A%22jdk-14%2B11%22-%22jdk-14%2B10%22%29&revcount=1000>

*jpackage EA - **Build 1 (2019/8/20) *

  * This is an early access build of JEP 343: Packaging Tool
    <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/343>, aimed at testing a prototype
    implementation of jpackage, which is a new tool for packaging
    self-contained Java applications along with a Java Runtime Environment.
  * Build 1 (2019/8/20) is now available http://jdk.java.net/jpackage/
  * Please send feedback via e-mail to core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
    <ma...@openjdk.java.net>

Regards,
Rory

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/#Schedule
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3
[3] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Fix-Request-Process
[4] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-August/003250.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase & JDK 14 build 11 is available.

Posted by ab...@oracle.com.
Thanks Jaikiran for testing and sharing the results.

-Muneer

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello Rory,