Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ko...@proviron.com on 2006/03/14 17:40:07 UTC

[users@httpd] pwauth does not run as user

Hi,

I want to use pwauth for authentication on my apache.

I downloaded pwauth-2.3.2.tar.gz  and compiled it.
Than I installed it in /usr/local/bin and "suid root" it (chmod +s pwauth)

   [root@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]# ll pwauth
   -rwsr-sr-x    1 root     root        16517 Mar 14 17:06 pwauth

When I run it as root, it 's working fine :

   [root@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]# ./pwauth
   myuser
   mypasswd
   [root@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]# echo $?
   1

But when I change to a normal user and run it, it doesn't even give me the
option to enter a user/password

   [root@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]# su admin
   [admin@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]$ ./pwauth
   [admin@DUMBO:/usr/local/bin]$

I'm sure I'm missing something pretty basic ... but what ??

Thanks in advance,

Koen.