Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.co.uk> on 2005/10/30 13:44:55 UTC

Problem with UID - Semi solved

Hi, as regards my previous emails about the problem when running Cactus,
this happens only if JBoss is not already running (i.e. if Cactus has to
start and stop it). I started JBoss, ran cactus:cactifywar, deployed the
artifact to JBoss, then ran cactus:test and everything worked fine.

However when Jboss needs to be started by Cactus, I get the following
exception (already enclosed in my previous emails, so here I don't enclose
everything)

[cactus] Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Could not
dereference object [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationE
tion [Root exception is java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.jboss.util.id.GUID; local class incompatible: stream classdesc
serialVersionUID =
509836244263718, local class serialVersionUID = 6926421946503004889]]
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:972)
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:615)
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
[cactus]    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
[cactus]    at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)
[cactus] Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.util.id.GUID; local class
ompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 3289509836244263718, local
class serialVersionUID = 6926421946503004889]
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:649)
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
[cactus]    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
[cactus]    at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:966)
[cactus]    ... 4 more
[cactus] Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.util.id.GUID;
local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 3289
etc..

I've got the CVS of Cactus source on my PC. If someone would tell me which
part of the code starts/stops the container I could look into the thing and
try to understand why I get this error.

Marco

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]