Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com> on 2014/08/20 14:50:52 UTC

5.1.0 has branched

All;

I have created the 5.1.x branch. This is in preparation for the 5.1.0 release of Traffic Server. All commits to this branch must be explicitly approved by the Release Manager (amc). If you have something you really need to get in to 5.1.0, fix it on master first and then ask to have that commit cherry picked in to 5.1.x. As usual, the closer to the release the less likely such a submission will be approved.

Re: 5.1.0 has branched

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  :-)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Alan M. Carroll <
amc@network-geographics.com> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> > <adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver> git checkout 5.1.x
> > Branch 5.1.x set up to track remote branch 5.1.x from origin.
> > Switched to a new branch '5.1.x'
> > <adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver>
>
> > Does that sound right?
>
> Yes.

Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-7285
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <ad...@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about

Re: 5.1.0 has branched

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
Adam,

> <adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver> git checkout 5.1.x
> Branch 5.1.x set up to track remote branch 5.1.x from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '5.1.x'
> <adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver>

> Does that sound right?

Yes.

Re: 5.1.0 has branched

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Searched around the web a bit...and am trying this:

<adace@mound:~/Src/apache> git clone
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver.git
<adace@mound:~/Src/apache> cd trafficserver
<adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver> git checkout 5.1.x
Branch 5.1.x set up to track remote branch 5.1.x from origin.
Switched to a new branch '5.1.x'
<adace@mound:~/Src/apache/trafficserver>

Does that sound right?  Not looking to do any coding here, just keeping up
with the v5.1.x codebase.

Re: 5.1.0 has branched

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.1.0 has branched

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
All;

I forgot to note that as part of the last triage a number of bugs were moved from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0 because of the lack of an available patch. If one of these was yours, you will need to work on it on master for 5.2.0 and explicitly request a back port to 5.1.0.