Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com> on 2017/04/06 00:29:30 UTC

TDH disk toll

Does anybody know how demanding is Jena/Fuseki on the hard disk? I mean in terms of I/O operations, is it going to kill my hard disk or is it optimized somehow?
Is there any benchmark for Fuseki vs disk I/O?

Re: TDH disk toll

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
Nothing that you wouldn't look at for any other server application. The size of the dataset may not make as big a difference as the character of your queries (how much scanning are they doing, are you using expansive property paths, that sort of thing).

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Re: TDH disk toll

Posted by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com>.

Re: TDH disk toll

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 06/04/17 01:29, Laura Morales wrote:
> Does anybody know how demanding is Jena/Fuseki on the hard disk? I mean in terms of I/O operations, is it going to kill my hard disk or is it optimized somehow?

It caches as much as it can so should not thrash the disk unless you
have a very heavy update load (in which case, you really want the disk
copy to be updated safely).

> Is there any benchmark for Fuseki vs disk I/O?

Not that I know of.

     Andy