Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/27 01:56:34 UTC

Use esbuild to speedup rebuild in the development environment.

Hi,

I found a bundler library called esbuild[1] built by Evan Wallace. The
benchmark looks very promising. So I tried it on echarts and speed really
impressed me. It only takes about 100ms for a full build. Meanwhile, our
current solution may take 1 minute. Even if with incremental build it may
still take about 10 seconds.

There are some limitations:
1. The built target can only be ESNext.
2. It won't do any type checking on TypeScript.

But I don't think it will be an issue if we only use it in the development
environment.  The type checking can be done before we commit the code with
the hook.

So I can't help to create a commit[2] in the next branch to integrate it.
Please have a try.

[1] https://github.com/evanw/esbuild
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/commit/4d8fbea69eafc807c3aa935314f0f962177ea53f

--
Yi Shen
Apache ECharts(incubating) PPMC

Re: Use esbuild to speedup rebuild in the development environment.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
It works perfectly! Nice job!

Thanks

*Ovilia*