Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Delamere <ho...@michael-delamere.de> on 2002/09/05 20:52:02 UTC

[Redirect] Caching problem with redirect...

Hi,

I´m programming an application with a shopping cart.  Originally I used a
normal forward.  The downside of this though, was that when the user pressed
the refresh button, the article incremented by one every time.

Ok, so I thought (and read) that the idea would be to use the
forward-redirect.  The only problem I have now is that the pages are cached!

I solved the problem originally by adding pragma no-cache to the response
header.  This actually worked when using the normal forward.  The pages
where no longer cached.  Now why doesn´t this work with a redirect?  What´s
the difference?

I could really do with some help.

Regards,

Michael