Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Frances <fd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/09 19:16:10 UTC

Email question..

when send e-mail w/Jakarta Commons Email Package e-mail gets sent
twice..  here's relevant code:

email.setHtmlMsg(msgBody);
email.send();
if (email.send().equals("")) throw new Exception ("Sending of message
failed.");

only wait it gets sent only once is if I take out if(email....) line..
why does this method return a string?  maybe I'm not doing the check
right?  would appreciate suggestions.. thank you...

Frances

Re: Email question..

Posted by Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformance.com>.
Frances wrote:
> email.setHtmlMsg(msgBody);
> email.send();
> if (email.send().equals("")) throw new Exception ("Sending of message
> failed.");
>
> only wait it gets sent only once is if I take out if(email....) line..

Hmmm...maybe because you're calling send() twice?