Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryuji Yokoyama <ry...@yokoyama.ws> on 2002/12/23 05:55:39 UTC

Still problem with directory

Hello All!

Thank you for responding my previous post.  I still cannot figure out the
correct location to put class files.  I created
WEB-INF/classes directory under $CATALINA_HOME/webaaps directory.  Then I
put my class file into $CATALINA_HOME/webaaps/WEB-INF/classes.
And I pointed localhost:80080/servlet/MyServlet, but I just got error
messages, "servlet/MyServlet   The  requested resource (/servlet/MyServlet)
is not available."  I read documents, but I can't find a way to solve the
problem.

Thanks in advance

Re: Still problem with directory

Posted by Paul Campbell <se...@halcyon.com>.
1. I think you may want to say
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/YOUR_PROJECT_NAME_HERE/WEB-INF/classes/package/names/actual.class.
The change is that you specify a context name.

2.  You will use that context name as follows:
. http://localhost:8080/YOUR_PROJECT_NAME_HERE/servlet/package/names/MyServlet
or if you have no package names:
. http://localhost:8080/YOUR_PROJECT_NAME_HERE/servlet/MyServlet.

3. Look at the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web/xml.
Around line 276, the mapping of the invoker to servlet has comments around it.

4. Look at the $CATALINA_HOME/RELEASE-NOTES-4.1.txt.
Find the word SECURITY it will tell you why the step 3 above was done.

I hope the next message you send, will exclaim your happy success.