Posted to users@directory.apache.org by di...@gmail.com on 2014/11/25 08:00:55 UTC

Is it possible to secure Hadoop in Ubuntu as well as Windows?

Hi,

I am interested in Apache DS server and Apache Directory Studio. Currently I am working in Hadoop and analysing ways to secure hadoop cluster; Since LDAP and Kerberos are parts of your products I am interested to use this; On analysis I have some questions,

1) Is it possible to make use of Apache Directory Studio UI to secure hadoop cluster? If yes can you please provide us any UG?

2) I just checked the below Kerberos-Integration tutorial. http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/2.2-ldap-server-config.html . But most of the links just hold the content ‘TODO…’ . When this will be updated?

3) Windows distribution of Apache Directory Studio has Kerberos installed built in? If yes how to enable it / make it to work to generate tickets?

Thanks,

Dinesh Kumar P

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: Is it possible to secure Hadoop in Ubuntu as well as Windows?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM, <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am interested in Apache DS server and Apache Directory Studio. Currently
> I am working in Hadoop and analysing ways to secure hadoop cluster; Since
> LDAP and Kerberos are parts of your products I am interested to use this;
> On analysis I have some questions,
>

> 1) Is it possible to make use of Apache Directory Studio UI to secure
> hadoop cluster? If yes can you please provide us any UG?
>
> you should use Apache Directory *Server* to secure the Hadoop cluster, not
the Studio.
and otoh, many Hadoop installations use Apache Directory Server's Kerberos
service to secure their cluster.

> 2) I just checked the below Kerberos-Integration tutorial.
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/2.2-ldap-server-config.html
> . But most of the links just hold the content ‘TODO…’ . When this will be
> updated?

you can follow this doc
https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html

> 3) Windows distribution of Apache Directory Studio has Kerberos installed
> built in? If yes how to enable it / make it to work to generate tickets?
>
> yes, take a look at the above mentioned doc to see how to get a ticket,
(you can use kinit as well)

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com