Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2021/08/17 17:28:36 UTC

JDK 17 related plugin releases

With JDK 17 appearing soon we should at least release those plugins that depend on ASM.[1]
Even though optional, I'll release both the maven-compiler-plugin and maven-javadoc-plugin too.
I could use some help with the other plugins too, including verifying if there are PRs worth adding and the doing the releases.
Please raise your hand so we can divide the work.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ASM+depending+projects

Re: JDK 17 related plugin releases

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.
Acknowlegded, but ASM 9.1 already supports Java 17, which is our main
target.

Robert

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org>.
Well, that was a short ride - the latest release of the
maven-plugin-tools is already up-to-date, as it uses ASM 9.1.

Same goes for the maven-dependency-plugin; latest release is also on ASM 9.1

 From the "Required" list on the aforementioned Wiki page, that leaves

Posted by Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org>.