Posted to user@roller.apache.org by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 01:28:47 UTC

Re: Source Code Highlighting

Matt:

What do think is the best solution here?  I like the highlighting, line
numbering, and styling, but the javascript is a little clunky.  It would be
nice if the people at jroller would host a syntax hilighting solution for
all.  I don't even think that Google's blogger has it either by default.

If you host a public blog, you should provide syntax highlighting.

David

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
The easiest solution is probably to host these on your own server and
then link to them from jroller.com. Otherwise, you could try 1)
posting the scripts as new pages (this should work) or 2) using the
ones on java.dzone.com:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
href="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/styles/SyntaxHighlighter.css"/>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/dzShCore.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushJava.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushGroovy.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushColdFusion.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushPhp.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushPython.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushRuby.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushXml.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushCss.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushSql.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushJScript.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/sites/all/themes/dzone/scripts/syntaxHighlighter/shBrushCSharp.js"></script>

Matt