Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Grzes <g-...@o2.pl> on 2004/09/15 14:30:34 UTC

Dll Problem

I have a problem when I am using Xerces in my own DLL Library. Anywhere
I try to initialize the implementation of Xerces XML the result is in
Access Violation.... Can you give me a hint?

const XMLCh gLS[] = {chLatin_L, chLatin_S, chNull};
xmlImpl = DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(gLS);

Re: Dll Problem

Posted by "Jeroen N. Witmond" <jn...@xs4all.nl>.
> I have a problem when I am using Xerces in my own DLL Library. Anywhere
> I try to initialize the implementation of Xerces XML the result is in
> Access Violation.... Can you give me a hint?
>
> const XMLCh gLS[] = {chLatin_L, chLatin_S, chNull};
> xmlImpl = DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(gLS);

Did you call XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() at the start of your program?
See "Why does my application crash when instantiating the parser?"
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/faq-parse.html#faq-3

Jeroen.

loadGrammar()

Posted by Matthew Berry <ma...@apt.com>.
*/ Why when I call loadGrammar() and there is an problem with the schema
file there is no explicit error (or warning) propagated out?

For example, although a GC_ExistingGrammar exception was being thrown in
GrammarResolver it dissappears. It is only possible to check that the return
value is non-null.

*/ I'm adding a abstract complexType with the 1st call to
DOMBuilder::loadGrammar() under a base namespace. In a second call to
loadGrammar(), I add a derived complexType in a different namespace. The
<xsd:extension> refers to the base namespace.

Then when I parse my XML document which contains the an element of the
derived type (using xsi:type), in the SchemaValidator sourcecode its is
apparent that my "derived" type has no base .

Is this the correct behaviour? NOTE: I'm not using <xsd:include> or
<xsd:import> in the second schema, because I thought I would need to add an
entity resolver. Is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for your help