Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "H@rry" <ap...@SoftHome.net> on 2003/02/04 03:13:03 UTC

RE: Auto sum

Can you check when your program is writing the cells,
it does set the cell type to numeric?

cell.setCellType(HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC)

If not, the cell value is treated as a text and thus the sum does not
compute

In Excel application, the type is auto determined when we enter the value.
Therefore when you press enter on each cell, the type is automatically set
numeric and the value is added to the sum.