Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Joshi, Naveen" <na...@jpmefs.com> on 2004/04/27 17:56:43 UTC

[OT] Page Cannot Be Displayed

All,

Just wondering if any of you get this "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error once in a while, in Internet Explorer. Is there a solution to this issue.

Thanks
Naveen

RE: [OT] Page Cannot Be Displayed

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Take the advice about using your foot for the mouse seriously. The only
proper use for a hand is holding a can of beer. ;-)

Im not sure I agree on the wire though. Problem is that there is not enough
springiness there. The best idea is to have the wires attached to firm
springs and the springs attached to the computer. This way the computer will
not be shocked out of position so easily and can thus keep itself tuned into
the web page better. The principle is somewhat similar to the need for
antishock technology in portable cd players.

Basically if given a large bump the computer will lose its 'focus' on the
web page and the result is all too commonly that annoying "page cannot be
displayed" message.

btw: you may be interested to know that this problem has been around awhile.
Early arcade machine hardware - such as pinball machines - suffered similar
problems. Of course all technology is incremental, and while things have
developed a lot since then, modern PCs are still based on the same
underlying technology (electricity) as their earlier pinballing ancestors -
and this trait of being unable to withstand shocks is something that has
been passed along all these years. Of course with the advent of the internet
the problem has been exacerbated. Keeping focus on a webpage among all the
millions out there is an order of magnitude more complex than maintaining an
appropriate trajectory on a mere pinball, and unfortunately as the internet
gets more crowded you can expect to see more of these errors.

...is it Friday yet?

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
LOL !!!

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.