Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ne...@alcatel.com.au on 2004/06/09 06:11:35 UTC

HSSF - reading - detecting hidden rows - zeroHeight or cell style?

Hi,
New to OpenSource and POI.
Spreadsheet loading data into a database. I need to ignore rows that are
hidden.
Using the HSSF usermodel.
I could not determine if a row or cell is hidden.
Nothing in HSSFCellStyle including method getHidden seemed to do the job.
It looks to me that in the HSSFRow, in the RowRecord that the zeroHeight
boolean property is the only thing that indicated that the row was hidden.
This zeroHeight property is not exposed in the HSSFRow.
Should it be exposed through the HSSFCellStyle?

I have made a version of POI with HSSFRow with a delegate method for the
zeroHeight property.
Works for me.

Should the zeroHeight property be exposed like this?
Is this a bug or a feature request?

Neil Clifton
Web Application Developer
Tel: +61 2 8306 5770
mbl: +61 041914068
fax: +61 2 8306 5684
neil.clifton@alcatel.com.au
Alcatel Australia Limited
41 Mandible st.
Alexandria, NSW, Sydney
www.alcatel.com

Re: HSSF - reading - detecting hidden rows - zeroHeight or cell style?

Posted by ac...@apache.org.
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/getinvolved/index.html
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

Posted by Tim Wilkins <ti...@mediatel.co.uk>.

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.