Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/03/20 17:40:02 UTC

'dynamic' form elements in a ActionForm

Subject: 'dynamic' form elements in a ActionForm
From: "Greg Tillbrook" <gr...@actix.com>
 ===
Hi

Ive been tryig to use an ActionForm bean for a form which can have a
variable number of form elements (as defined by a 'meta' configuration
file). Ive hit on the problem though that each parameter in a form bean
matched to a form element has to declared when implementing the bean. Is it
possible to specify a list (i.e. vector or hashtable) in the form bean that
will contain all of these 'dynamic' parameters or is there a better way?

I have looked at the documentation/web/this newsgroup but have found nothing
that seemed appropriate.
Apologies if Ive missed something obvious but Im pretty new to struts atm.

cheers

    Greg

Re: 'dynamic' form elements in a ActionForm

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's difficult to do this in the 1.0.x release, but simple as pie in the
1.1 beta and nightly build.

http://jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=567079

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services