Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/28 21:56:00 UTC

War's - How to exclude bundling of jars in WEB-INF/lib? They are caused because of transitive depedencies

Let us assume that we have an EAR which is dependent on Struts-x version.

Ear          dependent on Struts
    java 1   dependent on Struts
    java 2
    web     dependent on Struts

Now when we build, our EAR contains struts-x.jar and all the other
transitive dependencies of struts.  Since our classloader policy for EAR is
"application", we don't want struts-x.jar and transitive dependencies in
web/web-inf/lib.  To avoid this, in the web project pom.xml we defined

<dependency>
     <groupId>struts</groupId>
     <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
     <version>1.1</version>
     <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

By doing this, I am able to avoid bundling of struts.jar in web-inf/lib
folder in WAR but all the transitive dependent jars are still bundled in the
WAR.  Is there a way to avoid this?

-Sanjay

Re: War's - How to exclude bundling of jars in WEB-INF/lib? They are caused because of transitive depedencies

Posted by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com>.
That resolved the issue

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
If you set the scope of the Struts artifact to "provided", do you still get
the transitive dependencies in WEB-INF/lib?

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Sanjay
                      Choudhary"               To:       "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
                      <choudharysanjay@        cc:
                      gmail.com>               Subject:  War's - How to exclude bundling of jars in WEB-INF/lib? They are caused