Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joao Filipe Placido <jo...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2003/01/06 16:04:14 UTC

linux threads don't die!

Hello,

I found some messages about this but no solution yet.
I have tomcat 4.1.12 in RH 7.3 with some servlets. Tomcat spawns some
threads for every new request, but the new threads never die.
They remain in sleeping status and the memory reports (although not to be
trusted because of linux thread implementation) allways show decreasing
available memory!
Calling System.gc(); doesn't improve anything...

The problem is after a while (one day in production environment) I get
hundreds of "sleeping" threads, no available memory and no performance at
all!

Any help? Is version 4.1.18 better with respect to these issues?

Thank you,

Joao Filipe Placido