Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Lanzarotta <la...@rogersltd.com> on 2004/03/03 18:34:16 UTC

svn:Connection is read-only

Hello,

Why would my connection be 'read-only'?

As root, I start the svnserver with the following command:

svnserve --daemon --root /home/xyz/svn/repositories

Then as myself, I create a repository and the when I do an import,

svn import . svn://rogdrake/windss -m 'Initial directory layout.'

I get 'svn: Conection is read-only'

Any ideas? This just started happening...

----
Jeff Lanzarotta

Re: svn:Connection is read-only

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 12:34, Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why would my connection be 'read-only'?
>
> As root, I start the svnserver with the following command:
>
> svnserve --daemon --root /home/xyz/svn/repositories
>
> Then as myself, I create a repository and the when I do an import,
>
> svn import . svn://rogdrake/windss -m 'Initial directory layout.'
>
> I get 'svn: Conection is read-only'
>

> Any ideas? This just started happening...

Yes, look at your repos/conf/svnserve.conf file.  It doesn't allow write
access by default.  Read about svnserve.conf in chapter 6 of the book.