Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/01/07 17:31:52 UTC

Traffic Server Spring 2014 Summit

Hi all,

it’s about time we decide the exact dates for our next Spring Summit. The plan is to organize this adjacent to the upcoming ApacheCon 2014, which is being held in Denver, CO April 7-11.This aligns with the previous votes we had on where to locate our upcoming summits. I’ve created a doodle with a bunch of days before and after the conference, please vote your preferences. Most likely we’ll host this at the Comcast offices in downtown Denver. Plan on the summit to be 2 consecutive days.

	http://doodle.com/b54ke6rvf5unkdz2

Please cast your votes asap, since it helps people plan their conference trip. I will close this Monday next week. The vote is not a binding commitment to attend, it’s here to help us decide if we should do the Summit before, or after the ApacheCon conference. If you feel strongly about not hosting the Summit in Denver adjacent to ACNA ‘14, simply vote without marking any dates.

Finally, as a reminder, the fall Summit will be hosted in Europe, but we have no details yet on that.

Cheers,

— Leif

Re: Traffic Server Spring 2014 Summit

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Jan 7, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it’s about time we decide the exact dates for our next Spring Summit. The plan is to organize this adjacent to the upcoming ApacheCon 2014, which is being held in Denver, CO April 7-11.This aligns with the previous votes we had on where to locate our upcoming summits. I’ve created a doodle with a bunch of days before and after the conference, please vote your preferences. Most likely we’ll host this at the Comcast offices in downtown Denver. Plan on the summit to be 2 consecutive days.
>
> 	http://doodle.com/b54ke6rvf5unkdz2

Got a few queries on the topic of who should reply and participate: Everyone! This is an open event, for committers, developers, dev-ops, operations, or anyone interested in ATS’s future directions.

Posted by Brian Geffon <br...@apache.org>.
The current Apache Con website has an image that says April 7th - 9th?

Brian

Posted by Brian Geffon <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Jan 23, 2014, at 7:37 PM, Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> wrote:

> Do we have a final word on this?
> I'd like to book a flight and know whether I'll be able to run at the Vienna City Marathon (13th of April )

Yes, the word has been finalized; The Summit is Thu-Fri, April 10-11th. It’s even official:

	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/extend-the-experience/project-summits-and-meetups

See you *all* there :-).

— leif

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Jan 13, 2014, at 2:57 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it’s about time we decide the exact dates for our next Spring Summit. The plan is to organize this adjacent to the upcoming ApacheCon 2014, which is being held in Denver, CO April 7-11.This aligns with the previous votes we had on where to locate our upcoming summits. I’ve created a doodle with a bunch of days before and after the conference, please vote your preferences. Most likely we’ll host this at the Comcast offices in downtown Denver. Plan on the summit to be 2 consecutive days.
>>
>> 	http://doodle.com/b54ke6rvf5unkdz2
>>

>> Please cast your votes asap, since it helps people plan their conference trip. I will close this Monday next week. The vote is not a binding commitment to attend, it’s here to help us decide if we should do the Summit before, or after the ApacheCon conference. If you feel strongly about not hosting the Summit in Denver adjacent to ACNA ‘14, simply vote without marking any dates.
>

> I’m going to call this:
>
> There’s a tie between the April 3-4th and April 14-15th proposals. However, there are more committers that can participate in the latter (April 14-15th), so I’d like to make a tie-breaker here based on that criteria.

Well, crap. They just changed the ACNA dates to be April 7th through the 9th. This rules out the date above (14-15th) IMO. So, void the above, that is not the date for the Summit.

There are two options as I see it: We choose the runner up date, April 3-4th, or a new date with April 10-11th as an option (replacing 4/14-15). I personally like the idea of doing the 10-11th, but I’ve created a new Doodle with only these two options:

	http://doodle.com/2es3w94mqt8c4ynz

Please reply soon to this, so we can figure this  out :).

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Jan 7, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it’s about time we decide the exact dates for our next Spring Summit. The plan is to organize this adjacent to the upcoming ApacheCon 2014, which is being held in Denver, CO April 7-11.This aligns with the previous votes we had on where to locate our upcoming summits. I’ve created a doodle with a bunch of days before and after the conference, please vote your preferences. Most likely we’ll host this at the Comcast offices in downtown Denver. Plan on the summit to be 2 consecutive days.
>
> 	http://doodle.com/b54ke6rvf5unkdz2
>

> Please cast your votes asap, since it helps people plan their conference trip. I will close this Monday next week.

Last reminder, I will close this on Monday afternoon (MST).

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.